FTX is a relatively new exchange that was established in May 2019 by FTX Trading Ltd. The exchange is growing at a rapid pace because of its very interactive user interface and many unique offerings in the derivatives market. The company is incorporated in Antigua and Barbuda, the Caribbean, and its offices are based out of Hong Kong.
The USP of the exchange is its team which has relevant and dynamic experience in the crypto and traditional trading sector. FTX team comes from some leading Wall Street quant funds and tech companies: Jane Street, Optiver, Susquehanna, Facebook, and Google. The team has ample exposure to the traditional secondary market. Members have backgrounds in equity derivatives trading and seem to have an understanding of how derivatives are traditionally designed, and what kind of derivatives are in demand. FTX’s motto is “by the traders, for the traders”.
In August 2019, the Exchange raised USD 8 Million to invest into the operations of the exchange.
The exchange has almost all the services which are provided by other leading exchanges such as spot trading, futures trading, ETF trading, margin trading, and staking. However, it also has some unique products such as leveraged tokens, tokenized equity stocks, prediction markets, OTC transactions, etc.
- There is a future contract named Trump2024 in which you can bet on whether Mr. Donald Trump will become president of the USA in 2024
- You can purchase a token form of many traditional equity stocks such as Tesla, Amazon, Apple, Nokia, and many more
- There are futures contracts named Shitcoin Index Perpetual Futures and Altcoin Index Perpetual Future
The platform comes with extensive benefits such as:
- User-friendly interface
- Interactive mobile application (for android and iOS users)
- Substantial community and social media presence
- The exchange has a 3 Tier Liquidity Protocol and an FTX Insurance Fund which provides immense liquidity to the users
- Low Exchange Fees
- Domain expertise of the management
- Like Binance, FTX Exchange has an in-house governance token called FTT which can be also be staked for staking rewards
With a substantial number of features and benefits, FTX is a wholesome exchange that provides almost every traditional (spot, futures, staking, 2FA, etc.) and many new services (tokenized stocks, leveraged tokens, prediction market, etc.) to its users.