Forex.com, the primary brand of publicly-traded GAIN Capital (NYSE: GCAP), is also one of the first forex-specific brokers on the scene. Within the past several years, the company has acquired several businesses, some in the U.K.
This includes the well-established CFD, forex, and spread-betting company, City Index. Because of this and other acquisitions, GAIN Capital has been able to acquire customers from across the globe and is an industry leader in most markets.
This includes the U.S., where it currently edges out its primary competitor, OANDA, in terms of customers assets.
- Access to forex, shares, bonds, indices, cryptocurrency, and commodity CFDs
- Custom web and client trading platforms as well as MT4
- Research coverage by global research team for U.S., European, and Asian markets
- Guaranteed stops may be available for a fee on some markets
- Average forex and shares trading costs
- Lots of educational resources but navigation to and from these sources is tricky
Forex.com has been busy at work in the past few years upgrading and revamping its trading platforms and related systems. As a result, the company’s technology, both for Forex.com and City Index, are one of its primary strengths.
Additionally, GAIN Capital employs a global team of market analysts that provide clients with useful and constantly updated market insights. Besides the usual forex and CFD markets (outside of the U.S.), Forex.com also offers bitcoin for trading.