Founded in 1998 in a garage in San Diego California, ClickBank is one of the granddaddies of affiliate marketing networks.
You can make money with ClickBank as a product vendor or affiliate marketer without working like a frazzled cubicle slave.
Here are some staggering numbers about the ClickBank marketplace:
- 200 million customers spread across 190 countries
- 87th largest Internet retailer in North America
- 276 categories and 21562 product listings
- 6 million entrepreneurs on the platform
- Over 200 million dollars in annual sales
In short: you can make a killing on the network.
The best part?
Joining a lucrative affiliate program on ClickBank is not labor-intensive like writing for money or making money blogging.
ClickBank is a good option for bloggers and entrepreneurs who wish to promote digital and lifestyle products.
How is ClickBank Different From Other Affiliate Networks?
ClickBank is not your typical traditional affiliate network.
Five good things stand out:
- Simplicity. The sign-up process is straightforward. You can sign-up within a few minutes and start trading without complicated paperwork to fill or administrative hoops to jump through.
- Inclusivity. Anyone can join the network for free. It’s perfect for beginners who want to learn the ropes of affiliate marketing.
- Duality. On most affiliate marketing networks you go in either as a vendor or an affiliate. ClickBank allows you to enter the fray both as a vendor and a marketer so you maximize your earnings.
- Large Selection. With thousands of dazzling affiliate products in every conceivable niche to choose from, your affiliate program choices are numerous.
- Good Commission Rates. ClickBank pays high commissions of up to 75% or even 100%. Plus, they pay fast so you won’t have to wait long to splurge on that you-know-what you’ve had your eye on.
However, there are cons as well:
- Slow Customer Service. Some reports from the Better Business Bureau claim ClickBank may take up to 7 days to respond to customer emails.
- Charges on Dormant ClickBank Accounts. You are charged $1 per day after 90 days of no earnings, $5 per day after 180 days of inactivity, and a hefty $50 per day after 360 days of no sales.
- Some Junk Products. More about how to overcome this in a bit.
- Fierce Competition for Quality Programs. A good problem to have, if you ask me.
What are the Sign Up Requirements for ClickBank?
ClickBank is free for anyone, both new affiliates and old, to join.
All you need to join is:
- Live in an eligible country (United States, Canada, etc.)
- Enable cookies in your browser
- Have a Tax ID or Social Security number (if you live in the U.S.)
If you plan to register as a vendor, you must pay a one-time activation fee of $49.95. You pay only $29.95 for any additional accounts.